• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:28
CEST 06:28
KST 13:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8548 users

[Interview] KT vs SKT - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
December 09 2011 23:59 GMT
#61
I want one of those jackets.
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
December 10 2011 00:02 GMT
#62
Hmmm the SKT coach could have put Fantasy in one of the first 3 match-ups so his family could see him play but I guess the coach ain't fucking around even at this stage in Proleague.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
December 10 2011 00:11 GMT
#63
On December 10 2011 09:02 Slow Motion wrote:
Hmmm the SKT coach could have put Fantasy in one of the first 3 match-ups so his family could see him play but I guess the coach ain't fucking around even at this stage in Proleague.


He wants to make sure KT doesn't get to the playoffs and beats its way to the finals again

^^.
WriterXiao8~~
stOrpse
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States175 Posts
December 10 2011 00:18 GMT
#64
If I were Bisu I would start talking about myself randomly too~~
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
December 10 2011 01:50 GMT
#65
On December 10 2011 08:43 elagrion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2011 05:26 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
Not the biggest Fantasy fan, but I can't deny that the guy is (good double OSL finals?? Must be more than just blind luck) and he deserves better.

He actually have double double (notice the two of double ) OSL finals.

lol true I was just referring to recent performance (which is what SKT coaches should base their fielding on). Otherwise bring back nada savior iloveoov and the other greats to proleague!
Jaedong.
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
December 10 2011 01:53 GMT
#66
On December 10 2011 08:59 fishbowl wrote:
I want one of those jackets.

I wonder if the red shine in their hair (in the pic) is emanating from their jackets
Jaedong.
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10347 Posts
December 10 2011 02:04 GMT
#67
On December 09 2011 22:39 Kiante wrote:
"thank you"

i
love
bisu

Holy shit, you're a certified pen now? Add this to the fact that tree hugger has a Lorax icon... The old LR folks are movin' on up.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
sh4w
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States713 Posts
December 10 2011 02:14 GMT
#68
Cool interview ^_^
It's all protoss though haha
Except for poor fantasy, I really feel bad for him
I want to go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird is all I've got. That and my sweet style.
TheGlassface
Profile Joined November 2010
United States612 Posts
December 10 2011 02:21 GMT
#69
This was a great interview.
They've all been great interviews.

It's cool to see. I wonder if they feel enthusiastic about the season too!
The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. **Hang in there STX fans!! Kal Hwaiting!**
BallinWitStalin
Profile Joined July 2008
1177 Posts
December 10 2011 03:00 GMT
#70
Hey, I hate to be an uninformed noob here, but I am really curious about one thing, and I couldn't find the answer anywhere else:

+ Show Spoiler +
So why was Flash not in any of the games for the KT lineup? He played in an earlier proleague match-up and won, so presumably he's capable of playing well and at least somewhat recovered from his surgery. Why would the KT coaching staff decide NOT to send out Flash? I mean, when you have a player like Flash, it'd be retarded not to use him. Is there a reason that is totally obvious that I'm missing?
I await the reminiscent nerd chills I will get when I hear a Korean broadcaster yell "WEEAAAAVVVVVUUUHHH" while watching Dota
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
December 10 2011 03:05 GMT
#71
On December 10 2011 12:00 BallinWitStalin wrote:
Hey, I hate to be an uninformed noob here, but I am really curious about one thing, and I couldn't find the answer anywhere else:

+ Show Spoiler +
So why was Flash not in any of the games for the KT lineup? He played in an earlier proleague match-up and won, so presumably he's capable of playing well and at least somewhat recovered from his surgery. Why would the KT coaching staff decide NOT to send out Flash? I mean, when you have a player like Flash, it'd be retarded not to use him. Is there a reason that is totally obvious that I'm missing?


He would have been sent out set 5. It could be because flash wouldn't get nervous in the final match, or because flash just liked that map, or because KT coach wanted to snipe a player on that map, or it could have been for showmanship in front of a larger crowd to send the best player last in an important match. We don't know, but it almost certainly wasn't because they weren't going to use him.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
BallinWitStalin
Profile Joined July 2008
1177 Posts
December 10 2011 03:06 GMT
#72
But can't they use him twice? Or have the rules changed? I thought they could "re-send" for the Ace match a player who had previously played in one of the first four. Was I wrong?
I await the reminiscent nerd chills I will get when I hear a Korean broadcaster yell "WEEAAAAVVVVVUUUHHH" while watching Dota
Snipinpanda
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1227 Posts
December 10 2011 03:09 GMT
#73
On December 10 2011 12:06 BallinWitStalin wrote:
But can't they use him twice? Or have the rules changed? I thought they could "re-send" for the Ace match a player who had previously played in one of the first four. Was I wrong?


They have changed the format. Each player must be unique in a match.
BallinWitStalin
Profile Joined July 2008
1177 Posts
December 10 2011 03:16 GMT
#74
Thanks for clearing that up for me, makes total sense now.

Boo. I liked see Flash play. A lot.
I await the reminiscent nerd chills I will get when I hear a Korean broadcaster yell "WEEAAAAVVVVVUUUHHH" while watching Dota
rslee
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada226 Posts
December 10 2011 03:51 GMT
#75
I understand why Hoejja was sent out during the 4th. But I believe Flash would have been the better choice. It gives you a pretty much guaranteed 5th set. And you want to give Flash a win. But it worked out for my SKTosses..
Goal for when I go to korea: Hang out with 김택용
b0lt
Profile Joined March 2009
United States790 Posts
December 10 2011 06:10 GMT
#76
On December 10 2011 12:51 rslee wrote:
I understand why Hoejja was sent out during the 4th. But I believe Flash would have been the better choice. It gives you a pretty much guaranteed 5th set. And you want to give Flash a win. But it worked out for my SKTosses..


The problem with that is KT doesn't have anyone that the only ones they can truly rely on in high pressure situations are Stats and Flash, neither of which can play in the final match. Either way, both players have to win their matches for KT to win. Would you rather have hoejja in the final match, with flash having won the 4th game, or flash in the final with hoejja having won the 4th?
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
December 10 2011 06:15 GMT
#77
On December 10 2011 09:02 Slow Motion wrote:
Hmmm the SKT coach could have put Fantasy in one of the first 3 match-ups so his family could see him play but I guess the coach ain't fucking around even at this stage in Proleague.


Fantasy instead of soo and it would have been a 3-0.

Maybe the maps are bad for T this season? CJ vs Khan had no terrans either.
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
December 10 2011 06:24 GMT
#78
On December 10 2011 15:15 jalstar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2011 09:02 Slow Motion wrote:
Hmmm the SKT coach could have put Fantasy in one of the first 3 match-ups so his family could see him play but I guess the coach ain't fucking around even at this stage in Proleague.


Fantasy instead of soo and it would have been a 3-0.

Maybe the maps are bad for T this season? CJ vs Khan had no terrans either.

I would say that that one had no Terrans because CJ doesn't feel confident w/ Leta's TvP, and that January chose to be "stylish" with a 4p lineup (which was a mistake imo). KT vs SKT had no Terrans because Mind is probably slumping, and Flash vs Fantasy didn't get to happen.

The only map that seems "bad" for Terran is Outlier, which I hope they keep and attempt to rebalance it.
Writerptrk
rslee
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada226 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-10 08:00:26
December 10 2011 07:59 GMT
#79
On December 10 2011 15:10 b0lt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2011 12:51 rslee wrote:
I understand why Hoejja was sent out during the 4th. But I believe Flash would have been the better choice. It gives you a pretty much guaranteed 5th set. And you want to give Flash a win. But it worked out for my SKTosses..


The problem with that is KT doesn't have anyone that the only ones they can truly rely on in high pressure situations are Stats and Flash, neither of which can play in the final match. Either way, both players have to win their matches for KT to win. Would you rather have hoejja in the final match, with flash having won the 4th game, or flash in the final with hoejja having won the 4th?


Pressure is pressure no matter what set it is. It was all on Hoejja during the 4th set as well. In regards to your question, I would have rather had a definite 5th set and a possible win rather than a possible 5th set and semi-definite win. But then again, I've never coached a single player sport, only team sports..
Goal for when I go to korea: Hang out with 김택용
rslee
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada226 Posts
December 10 2011 08:02 GMT
#80
On December 10 2011 15:24 ArvickHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2011 15:15 jalstar wrote:
On December 10 2011 09:02 Slow Motion wrote:
Hmmm the SKT coach could have put Fantasy in one of the first 3 match-ups so his family could see him play but I guess the coach ain't fucking around even at this stage in Proleague.


Fantasy instead of soo and it would have been a 3-0.

Maybe the maps are bad for T this season? CJ vs Khan had no terrans either.

I would say that that one had no Terrans because CJ doesn't feel confident w/ Leta's TvP, and that January chose to be "stylish" with a 4p lineup (which was a mistake imo). KT vs SKT had no Terrans because Mind is probably slumping, and Flash vs Fantasy didn't get to happen.

The only map that seems "bad" for Terran is Outlier, which I hope they keep and attempt to rebalance it.


I always thought siege tanks being dropped on the high grounds in the middle of outlier would have been a useful tactic. You would keep the minerals there so that ground units can't walk up the ramp.. But I'm a D-/Low D Protoss so what do I know haha
Goal for when I go to korea: Hang out with 김택용
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 248
FoxeR 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4594
Leta 1831
ViBE126
Bale 50
Shine 18
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Other Games
summit1g8565
WinterStarcraft519
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick591
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta27
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota250
• swagsyndrome_0
League of Legends
• Lourlo975
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 32m
Patches Events
10h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 32m
OSC
18h 32m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.