• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:51
CEST 23:51
KST 06:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12020 users

[Interview] ACE vs Team8 Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-07 13:12:45
December 06 2011 14:23 GMT
#1
Hot-Player (P)Tyson "Priority is Being a Good Backup"

[image loading]

Team8 is a collection of ace's. Hwaseung OZ's (Z)Jaedong and (Z)Killer, Wemade Fox's (T)BaBy, and MBC Game's (T)Sea, (P)Jaehoon and (P)Tyson were designated as their respective teams' ace's, and picked up by KeSPA's new team. Among the players, Tyson is the bottom feeder for the 10-11 season in most-wins. He is dead-last despite his respectable 29 wins. This just shows the depth of Team8. Even after the team's inception, Tyson has been ranked consistently at 6th in the in-house tournaments. It is almost as if he was MBC Game's ace only in name.

On the 6th, however, Tyson reminded us of why he was deemed an ace: he executed a brilliant strategy against ACE's (T)firebathero and steamrolled him. We met with this hot player Tyson.

Q Thoughts on your first victory this season.
A My results were poor towards the end of last season, and then our team disbanded. I am happy that I got my first win, and also that our team won. My teammates said if I win my match, we will win 3:0. That put a lot of pressure on me, but I am happy that it came true. I want to prolong this moment of happiness for as long as I can.

Q Did you prepare to play Firebathero.
A I thought I would use this strategy if I met a Terran. We have to do something about Terran these days because everybody is going greedy builds. I hope a lot of other players cheese the heck out of Terran so they won't opt for greedy builds so easily. However I am sad that the Firebathero had to be my scapegoat.

Q What do you mean?
A Our dorm is in Itaewon so I get to see him and his friends a lot when I go out. A lot of them are also very dark-skinned. I have a soft-spot for dark-skinned people I guess (laughs).

Q There is word that Coach Joo was worried by your gameplay.
A I went into a slump towards the end of last season and couldn't practice properly because our team disbanded. My gameplay suffered a lot as a result. I practiced very hard but I wasn't good enough to play in the last two matches. I am still lacking, but slowly making progress.

Q You used DT's.
A I put a lot of time into devising this strategy but I didn't want it to be exposed so I rarely used it. It was based on a lot of theory-crafting but it worked well today.

Q There was a long break [before the season started].
A It served as a time to look back upon myself. I entered into a new team and the other players were so good. I wanted to be just as good as them, but my hands couldn't keep up. I decided to go back to my rookie mindset. The team atmosphere is amazing. Everybody contributes. Everybody is nice. I just need to play better.

Q Team8 is going up against Woongjin Stars on the 18th.
A I'm still not good enough to have a spot on the lineup. It's a relief that I have two weeks to prepare for this match, though. I will prepare thoroughly and bring another good strategy.

Q How do you place in the internal tournaments.
A I am 6th out of 6. It's depressing. I see myself as an extra on the team. Coach Joo sometimes jokingly says "just play your role as backup well." It gives me motivation to practice harder.

Q Any last words.
A Team8 has a great atmosphere. I won today and our team won too, continuing our winning streak. I will do my best to maintain this positive atmosphere and momentum.

Source: Daily E-sports

Here is Fomos' interview with Tyson, translated by OpticalShot
Translator
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
December 06 2011 14:26 GMT
#2
Picture is so dark~
Tyson is my new anti-team killer. I have FBH main Tyson anti. Whooping -6 (or is it -8 considering team win/loss, forgot how the points work). Too bad he's 6/6 on the team ranks, but that's nothing to be ashamed of when you're against Killer-Jaedong-Sea-Baby (and Jaehoon, lol).
[TLMS] REBOOT
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
December 06 2011 14:27 GMT
#3
i have tyson on anti too T_T i had a bad feeling about it when the december calendar was revealed and saw team8 was going up against ACE, but couldn't find a suitable replacement that was higher than him in points...
Translator
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-06 14:31:39
December 06 2011 14:31 GMT
#4
thanks for the translation rotinegg , however my personal opinion is tyson aka bridge has no honour , dt are just not fair for terran's , how can we kill something that can't be seen except with the help of turrets and scan . Fbh T_T
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
December 06 2011 14:42 GMT
#5
Tyson says that he is 6 of 6 on the team. What about the 3 rookies as well?
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
fortheGG
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1002 Posts
December 06 2011 14:54 GMT
#6
On December 06 2011 23:42 amazingxkcd wrote:
Tyson says that he is 6 of 6 on the team. What about the 3 rookies as well?


Dont think they're even considered competition , if he did worse than the rookies I doubt he'd be joking about it lol.
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-06 15:14:27
December 06 2011 15:11 GMT
#7
Thank you for the translation. Glad Tyson got to play a game, too bad he had to cheese FBH, but a win is a win.

As a side not it is interesting to see Valve already sponsoring Ongamenet, probably for DOTA 2 would be my guess.
Brood War forever!
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
December 06 2011 15:19 GMT
#8
i just realised that tyson kinda looks like ggplay...
POGGERS
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
December 06 2011 15:20 GMT
#9
On December 06 2011 23:31 Sawamura wrote:
thanks for the translation rotinegg , however my personal opinion is tyson aka bridge has no honour , dt are just not fair for terran's , how can we kill something that can't be seen except with the help of turrets and scan . Fbh T_T

Protoss is fighting back, first the two base attacks in PvZ, now DTs in PvT. About time we see Terran greed being punished by Protoss. But poor FBH...
Fly Jaedong, fly!
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
December 06 2011 15:27 GMT
#10
On December 07 2011 00:19 konadora wrote:
i just realised that tyson kinda looks like ggplay...

that's what i was thinking lol
Translator
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
December 06 2011 15:35 GMT
#11
On December 07 2011 00:27 rotinegg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 00:19 konadora wrote:
i just realised that tyson kinda looks like ggplay...

that's what i was thinking lol


GGplay 2.0 ?
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
e_i_pi_1_0
Profile Joined September 2009
933 Posts
December 06 2011 15:36 GMT
#12
Thanks for the translation.

Just out of curiosity, did they only interview Tyson, or did they interview the other two winners as well?
Jaedong and Hwaseung Oz fan.
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
December 06 2011 15:47 GMT
#13
He looked so tired in his games, this picture and interview confirms it lol. Fighting!
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
December 06 2011 15:56 GMT
#14
Tyson

Thanks for translating. I'm really appreciate it.
Learn,live and love it.
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
December 06 2011 15:57 GMT
#15
On December 07 2011 00:36 e_i_pi_1_0 wrote:
Thanks for the translation.

Just out of curiosity, did they only interview Tyson, or did they interview the other two winners as well?

it says on fomos that he was interviewed alone. jaedong and killer refrained from giving an interview to give tyson the spotlight (i think)
Translator
Archers_bane
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1338 Posts
December 06 2011 19:02 GMT
#16
Glad Tyson received recognition, now for Jaehoon to step up! lol
Starcraft's BW glory days have passed, RIP Jaedong's dominance - 2013...EDIT 2017: WE BACK BOYS
Daozzt
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1263 Posts
December 06 2011 19:21 GMT
#17
Q How do you place in the internal tournaments.
A I am 6th out of 6. It's depressing. I see myself as an extra on the team. Coach Joo sometimes jokingly says "just play your role as backup well." It gives me motivation to practice harder.


What happened to the other 2 guys on the team? Did they retire?
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
December 06 2011 19:33 GMT
#18
On December 07 2011 04:21 Daozzt wrote:
Show nested quote +
Q How do you place in the internal tournaments.
A I am 6th out of 6. It's depressing. I see myself as an extra on the team. Coach Joo sometimes jokingly says "just play your role as backup well." It gives me motivation to practice harder.


What happened to the other 2 guys on the team? Did they retire?


There are 3 rookies on the team. They're more like practice partners for the main 6 right now, at least until team 8 can score a sponsor and then they can recruit more rookies and B-teamers to be their practice partners. Team 8 doesn't really have the luxury of sending out rookies over top players when their priority is to get swift, decisive wins to attract sponsors, so I guess they're just not included in the rankings.
Writer:o
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-06 19:53:42
December 06 2011 19:53 GMT
#19
Tyson looks a bit like Lee Byung Hun imo.

fighting!.
WriterXiao8~~
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3721 Posts
December 06 2011 20:06 GMT
#20
So sad it had to be against FBH.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O159
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14600
Shuttle 344
White-Ra 229
ZZZero.O 159
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm100
League of Legends
Doublelift3514
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4824
Other Games
summit1g9899
Liquid`RaSZi2091
FrodaN2073
fl0m1534
C9.Mang0299
crisheroes294
ToD277
Livibee189
Pyrionflax156
IndyStarCraft 141
Mew2King55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 26
• Sammyuel 8
• HeavenSC 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1421
• Shiphtur665
• WagamamaTV290
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 9m
Replay Cast
1h 9m
OSC
14h 9m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.