• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:51
CEST 22:51
KST 05:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6856 users

[Interview] MST Group 5 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
themonkyguy
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-18 02:44:24
March 18 2011 02:43 GMT
#1
(T)Really

[image loading]

- This is your third time qualifying for MSL
▲ Very happy to have advanced. I'm so glad that I got another chance in the individual league.

- You played a hard game against (Z)HoeJJa.
▲ I didn't see the zerglings moving out in the early game. I thought he was 12 pool but then it didn't looks like it so I scouted again. Luckily I didn't sustain too much damage.

- You and (T)Classic played an 'estro derby' in the winner's game
▲ We didn't really talk much after seeing eachother again, even though we knew we would. (laugh) When I was back in estro I don't see him practice often, and his results weren't that good. I won the game today fairly comfortably.

- All the top players in Woongjin has already qualified in the MSL, is there alot of pressure?
▲ None what so ever, (P)free has always been a great player, so advancing through the previous group was a given.

- Your goal this season is?
▲ Firstly I really wanted to advance to Ro16, if I can do that then I can play comfortably. Ro32 is a big hurdle, although I don't have particular players that I want to play or avoid, I do want to avoid protoss somewhat. I won alot of TvZ lately so my confidence has increased in the matchup, but I lost alot of TvP so I'm not confident in it. I wish to avoid protoss, and steadily prepare. (laugh)

- With the recent addition of (T)Light you must have had less chance to play.
▲ Aside from (T)Light we already have many good players, but now that he is here things have gotten even tougher. (laugh) It's just like (Z)great said, my position is now threatened, so I must improve my win rate. I will try to learn from (T)Light, if we get send out in SPL together we will definitely win for our team.

- Do you have anything to say to (Z)great?
▲ I want say: "Do not concern yourself with other matters, just focus on doing your own thing. You totally don't look like someone who has been to the finals before." (laugh) (T/N: ouch)

Source: PlaySC




(T)Classic

[image loading]

- Thoughts on 3 consecutive qualification for MSL?
▲ Firstly, having not played a single televised game for 2 months after the last MSL, I was so nervous that I was shaking now that I get play after so long. I was so fortunate to have advanced.

- You lost regrettably against (T)Really.
▲ I was very confident during practice, but (T)Really hyung seem to really know me. (T)Really hyung prepared very well and I lost without being able to do anything. Although it was regrettable but it was good that I managed to qualify as second place.

- How was your form today?
▲ My win against (P)BeSt in the first game was not bad, but I seem to have vastly underestimated (T)Really hyung. (laugh)

- You dealt with (P)BeSt's shuttle play very well.
▲ (P)BeSt used an unorthodox build, but luckily I was spotted it early and was quick to react. I'm fairly satisfied with that game.

- You often get bad luck in the actual tournament.
▲ I hope I can get a better group this season, but there really aren't any easy opponent in the MSL proper. I must prepare well and I will try to go further this time.

- First time you made it to Ro32, second time you made it to Ro16, will it be Ro8 this time?
▲ I had a good momentum going lately, so my goal is set on the Ro8, but I still have many shortcomings so I will work even harder in order to go the extra mile.

- The previous MSL winners managed to go all the way after eliminating you.
▲ It was nice to know that I was eliminated by the eventual winner, but I must also improve my own ability so that I can reach higher grounds.

- You played rather shaky against (Z)HoeJJa in the final set.
▲ My initial bunker rush killed alot of drones so I thought I have won, but (Z)HoeJJa countered me all of a sudden, and I didn't react well in the moment. I didn't get any time to prepare for the last game so I had to cheese. Fortunately I got lucky and still won. Next time I will work harder and hope to produce more exciting games. My preparation today was really lackluster.

- You don't get to play alot in SPL.
▲ SPL is not something I can play in just because I want to. (laugh) I am working hard on it, I will get my chances soon.

- Any final words?
▲ Our coaching team put alot of effort into helping me with the games today, I really want to thank them. Also, although I don't get to play alot, I am working hard continuously, and I will repay the fans with even better competitiveness in the future.

Source: PlaySC
CJ Entusman #48 (-_-)
Monkeyshark
Profile Joined April 2010
United States406 Posts
March 18 2011 02:53 GMT
#2
I hope Ssak also gets into the MSL and someone(like Hydra) puts Flash, Classic, Ssak, in the same group.
bearbuddy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3442 Posts
March 18 2011 03:07 GMT
#3
3rd Stars player to 2-0 of out his group. Yeeeah, looking up!
No0n
Profile Joined March 2010
United States355 Posts
March 18 2011 03:13 GMT
#4
D: Please Really, advance far into the MSL so you don't get just phased out of Star's lineup.
Park Sang Woo(Sea.Really) Fighting! E-STRO forever.
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
March 18 2011 05:07 GMT
#5
thank you for translating. I'm really appreciate it :D
Learn,live and love it.
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
March 18 2011 06:36 GMT
#6
thanks for the translations :D
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
JuggernautJason26
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 665
Dewaltoss 107
firebathero 94
Zeus 73
Trap 42
910 29
Bale 26
NaDa 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever310
Counter-Strike
edward210
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS124
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4366
Liquid`Hasu2346
Other Games
summit1g6633
shahzam485
byalli450
C9.Mang0168
KnowMe130
UpATreeSC102
Chillindude28
Trikslyr23
Railgan17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 69
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur327
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 9m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 9m
Stellar Fest
16h 9m
Stellar Fest
16h 9m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.