• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:00
CEST 05:00
KST 12:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7370 users

[Interview] MST Group 4 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
themonkyguy
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-18 02:43:58
March 18 2011 01:53 GMT
#1
(P)free

[image loading]

- This is your 12th time, and 4th consecutive time qualifying for MSL, thoughts?
▲ Firstly, our team's atmosphere has improved lately, and my competitiveness has also improved and it helped me qualify for the 12th time. I'm quite satisfied with my current form and of course qualifying for MSL is something to be happy about.

- Your game against (T)Canata seem difficult.
▲ I too was not satisfied with my performance that game. I was too rash and wanted to end the game quickly. The game didn't go like the way I wanted but I managed to snap myself out of it in time, and I was very glad that I finally won. I will not be so rash next time.

- What about your game against (Z)Where?
▲ It went better than I expected. I'm usually very confident with my PvZ and I won't lose easily. I want to play more PvZ in the future.

- You've been in MSL 12 times but you've never been to the final.
▲ Last season due to the elimination of Leesung there was a good opportunity, but I was too complacent and sadly got eliminated. I wonder if these kind of chance will appear again this time, and I should work hard just in case (laugh). I really don't have much time left now, and it wasn't because of the looming conscription, but I know from my body that I don't have much time left. Last Korean OSL I really didn't want to lose even though it was against (Z)ZerO. Right now I will carry the same mindset when I compete.

- I heard that your wrist was injured.
▲ People would has injured their wrist before would know that these kind of injury doesn't recover very quickly. It hasn't had too much effect on playing Starcraft.

- You were put in the B team for awhile.
▲ Going to the B team firstly made me understand where I stood, I had to make alot of improvement in manage various areas such as practice schedule. Although my will was important, but the coaching team gave me alot of help in order to make me snap out of it, though I still have a long road ahead and I still have much to prove. My time in the B team has given me the mentality that B team players have. I think it was a good idea to shove people into the B team if they don't perform well. (laugh)

- Any final words?
▲ We are slowly regaining momentum in SWL, we have 2 matches left and we must end it in a good note. If we win both games our team will treat us to a big meal, but if we lose we won't even get to drink soup. (laugh)

Source: PlaySC




(P)Tyson

[image loading]

- Thoughts on entering MSL the second time?
▲ I didn't play well today in general. I practiced alot but I couldn't play well today, I'm not satisfied. Though it was good that I advanced.

- You lost your first game against (Z)Where regrettably
▲ I played the same way during practice, I could defend it with HTs, but Where was very incisive with his mutas. Usually it is possible to defend during these kind of timing with storms but since I lost most of my HTs I just fell apart.

- Your game against (T)Canata was also dangerous.
▲ As I said I played pretty badly today. I just thought I don't want to lose here and I just focused on the game, and perhaps that was the reason I won. Come to think about it, I played a game with (Z)HyuN hyung just before I came to the venue today where I played terran and he played protoss. I lost that game and it affected me. Usually we only play off race for kicks but after that I lost my form. (laugh)

- You charged at (T)Canata's tank lines despite his good positioning.
▲ I was determined to win so I charged in. It's really tiring today. (laugh)

- You went for corsair-dragoon in the last game.
▲ It was a strategy that I made up, I had no choice but to use it today regrettably. I was hoping to use my own builds on important matches but I ended up using it today. Though if I didn't use it I probably would have been eliminated.

- You goal this MSL is?
▲ Getting through qualifying was hard, so I hope I can stay abit longer. (P)free seem to have qualified so easily but it seem so much harder for me. Considering that I really want to get a seed.

- Any final words?
▲ I'm the first player to qualify in my team, I hope my other teammates will advance into the MSL as well.

Source: PlaySC
CJ Entusman #48 (-_-)
GoodRamen
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States713 Posts
March 18 2011 01:55 GMT
#2
thanks!!!
#1 Fantasy Fan!!!!
Tomken
Profile Joined January 2010
Norway1144 Posts
March 18 2011 03:04 GMT
#3
Thanks :D Tyson fighting!
MBCGame HERO FIGHTING!!!~
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
March 18 2011 03:07 GMT
#4
I never knew free was put onto the B team o_O

guess I haven't been observant enough...with all them zergs and all. Freeeee
Jaedong :3
FakePlasticLove
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States357 Posts
March 18 2011 03:07 GMT
#5
On March 18 2011 10:53 themonkyguy wrote:
[It wasn't because of the looming conscription, but I know from my body that I don't have much time left.


Please win a starleague Free!
All walls are great if the roof doesn't fall
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
March 18 2011 03:13 GMT
#6
yay, go protoss :D
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Ryusei-R1
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States2106 Posts
March 18 2011 04:52 GMT
#7
Free is such a goddamn beast. Out of nowhere he's tearing shit up like no other. In individual leagues and team leagues, too. I'm so happy that he climbed out of his terrible slump.
Jaedong plz
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
March 18 2011 05:04 GMT
#8
thank you for translating. I'm really appreciate it.

Free is back. So far, he really show good improvement.

Congrats Free and Tyson.
Learn,live and love it.
Renkaoru
Profile Joined October 2010
390 Posts
March 18 2011 06:26 GMT
#9
Free - What a way to break out of your slump! GJ!
Tyson - I always believed in you, my man. :D

Tyson and Free fighting!!
(Thanks for the translations. )
God is in His heaven. All is right with the world.
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
March 18 2011 06:39 GMT
#10
I'm glad Tyson made it through.

Thanks for the translation!
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
March 18 2011 11:53 GMT
#11
yes betting shoved in to b team makes you improve because the atmosphere in the b team is not good and really taxing so good for you free and han(Bridge) .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Hittegods
Profile Joined April 2007
Stockholm4642 Posts
March 18 2011 18:10 GMT
#12
free has such beastly pvz. probably my 2nd favorite toss (after stork obviously)
This neo violence, pure self defiance
Doughboy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States721 Posts
March 18 2011 19:01 GMT
#13
On March 18 2011 12:07 FakePlasticLove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2011 10:53 themonkyguy wrote:
[It wasn't because of the looming conscription, but I know from my body that I don't have much time left.


Please win a starleague Free!

If free or ZerO can't pull off a star league title this season I'd be so disappoint ;_;
"Don't be distracted by the what if's, should'ves, and if onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - THAT is the truth of your universe." Fav T: Sea, Leta, Really Fav P: Free, Snow Fav Z: ZerO, GGplay, Jaedong, Neo.G_Soulkey
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings99
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 179
ProTech118
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2354
Shuttle 1635
Artosis 573
Bale 70
NaDa 31
Dewaltoss 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Counter-Strike
taco 355
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox727
Mew2King73
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor898
Other Games
summit1g9261
C9.Mang0310
PiGStarcraft296
ArmadaUGS61
ViBE59
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP142
• Hupsaiya 122
• davetesta16
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo522
Other Games
• Scarra783
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
10h
OSC
19h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 7h
Online Event
1d 8h
FEL
1d 13h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.