• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:50
CEST 22:50
KST 05:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6889 users

[Interview] MST Group 2 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
themonkyguy
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 22:42:43
March 10 2011 22:31 GMT
#1
(P)Horang2

[image loading]

- Thoughts on qualifying for MSL?
▲ I qualified 2-0, but I'm still abit too excited and don't know what to think. The first major tournament that I qualified for was the MSL, it reminded me that.

- Did you think you would advance 2-0?
▲ I didn't think it would be this easy, I expected it to be very tough. I seem to have gotten out of the water lately (laugh), it feels like I'm in "god mode" now. Lately even I think I have been playing unnervingly well.

- How did you practice?
▲ Mostly focus on PvZ, because I'm not good at it and I have a reputation for being a PvZ noob, so I mostly prepared for the first set. The result turned out quite well, I played like I'm out of the water.

- There are alot of protoss qualified for the MSL, this should favor you.
▲ Actually I don't like playing PvP, because alot of chance are involved.

- You said you mainly practiced for PvZ, does that mean you are confident in your PvP and PvT?
▲ It wasn't so much confidence, but strategically well prepared, so I can play comfortably. I played with (P)Paralyze alot online, he played really well. I know (P)Paralyze plays a very solid style, so when I prepared I did not treat him as a rookie, but some one who are my equal or better.

- Your dragoon micro were exceptional today.
▲ I've already mentioned earlier, I seem like I just got out of the water (laugh). Also, my practice partner (P)Snow's control is really amazing, he made me realise the importance of microing so I worked really hard on it. (P)Snow really is a powerhouse in microing.

- It's been a long time since you last attend MSL selection ceremony.
▲ I kind of half looking forward to it and half feeling pressured. If more of my teammates qualified then I would be alot more comfortable, and if not many made it I would be pretty bored. But then (Z)Hydra is the defending champion afterall, he'll definitely help me out. I believe in you, (Z)Hydra! (laugh)

- Who did you want to play against in MSL?
▲ I don't know right now, we'll see when that day comes.

- Any last words?
▲ I want to thank the everyone who helped me practice. Recently I heard fans said my potential has exploded and it really did turn out that way. I will repay them with even better performance from now on.

Source: PlaySC

(Z)Shine

[image loading]

- Thoughts on qualifying for MSl?
▲ Lately I've been on alot losing streaks and I was very depressed. Regardless of where I am in the individual league, it just seem like the games are really hard.

- Is the SWL format difficult for you.
▲ Although there are many reasons, but I think maybe I was too overconfident when I'm in a winning streak. I'm getting losing streaks even when it's not SWL games.

- Your results in both SPL and individual leagues seem to fluctuate alot.
▲ When I'm winning alot I can maintain my form, but I'm very simple minded, I will work hard when I'm playing well, but once I start losing I give up too easily. Right now I really need to change this.

- You lost to (P)Horang2.
▲ I was too ambitious with my build. (P)Horang2 is very strong in mind games. I've played mind games before but his play style was completely not what I expected. So I thought to myself. 'Ahh, I'm still not nearly good enough'. After that game I kept thinking, if I don't play the mind game and just play my usual way, would the result be different? (laugh)

- You played your own style in the loser game.
▲ After the second set I found out my opponent is a terran, and it was (T)HiyA hyung who are recently in good form, so he is a very difficult opponent. But I was surprisingly lucky, I went for a ling rush and won.

- The MSL don't have alot of terrans right now, so it should be a good thing for you.
▲ I really want to play ZvZ. Even when I was playing badly I'm always very confident in my ZvZ, so I have high hopes for this MSL. Though I still hope the terran players will slowly manage to qualify.

- Today's victory should be able to make you play better in SWL.
▲ I always have my own kind of pattern, I hope to end my losing streak during MSL and play better games. Because my team is not doing too well, I must work hard to make my contribution to the team.

- Any last words?
▲ My friends, family and fans are pretty worried about me. The losing streak will not keep me down, so I hope everyone are not too worried about me, since I'll always be looking to win again. Even if I do lost again there is no need to worry, I hope everyone will continue to support me.

Source: PlaySC
CJ Entusman #48 (-_-)
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 22:36:15
March 10 2011 22:35 GMT
#2
- There are alot of protoss qualified for the MSL, this should favor you.
▲ Actually I don't like playing PvP, because alot of chance are involved.

O.o Not what I'd expect from the king of PvP himself.
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
March 10 2011 22:37 GMT
#3
ahhh 2 of my most hated players advancing!!
invisible.terran
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 22:40:50
March 10 2011 22:40 GMT
#4

- You played your own style in the loser game.
▲ After the second set I found out my opponent is a terran, and it was hiya hyung who are recently in good form, so he is a very difficult opponent. But I was surprisingly lucky, I went for a ling rush and won.

srsly,I can't stop laughing at this.
And thanks for the translation =)
"Until the very very top, in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in, the only problem is most people cant work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they dont have a real passion for." - Idra
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
March 10 2011 22:40 GMT
#5
hell yeah horang2! "god mode"! hahahaha
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
cybertopo
Profile Joined February 2010
Spain525 Posts
March 10 2011 22:45 GMT
#6
I mean, look at Shine's face
Hurr Durr
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 22:53:14
March 10 2011 22:49 GMT
#7
Horang2 such a boss for expecting Hydra to help him I remember when Horang2 made it past group stages defeating Flash and GGplay going 2-0. He was just starting out and would quickly become known for his cheese.

Watch him take out Flash in his debut televised pro match!
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3JkS7Se2v4

then GGplay
+ Show Spoiler +
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
March 10 2011 22:51 GMT
#8
Horang2 talkin smack, cause he's a boss.

Fuck yeah.

and Wow shine, thanks. .\ /. <-angry face.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
March 10 2011 22:53 GMT
#9
Horang2 really playing well lately :D
Congrats Horang2 and Shine.

by the way, thank you for translating. I'm really appreciate it.
Learn,live and love it.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
March 10 2011 23:44 GMT
#10
On March 11 2011 07:31 themonkyguy wrote:
- You played your own style in the loser game.
▲ After the second set I found out my opponent is a terran, and it was (T)HiyA hyung who are recently in good form, so he is a very difficult opponent. But I was surprisingly lucky, I went for a ling rush and won.


LOL shine

Thanks for the interview!
Writer
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
JuggernautJason29
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 678
Dewaltoss 123
firebathero 92
Zeus 68
Trap 37
910 29
Bale 25
NaDa 25
Dota 2
monkeys_forever317
Counter-Strike
edward1059
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS124
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4366
Liquid`Hasu2346
Other Games
summit1g6633
shahzam485
byalli475
C9.Mang0175
KnowMe130
UpATreeSC102
Chillindude28
Trikslyr27
Railgan15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 64
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur327
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 10m
Stellar Fest
16h 10m
Stellar Fest
16h 10m
Stellar Fest
16h 10m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.