• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:51
CEST 06:51
KST 13:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7578 users

[Interview] SWL SK Telecom vs KT Rolster Winners!

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 09:36:42
January 08 2011 09:12 GMT
#1
Today's winners . . .

[image loading]
(T)Flash and (P)Stats!

[image loading]
Thumbs up to (T)Flash who performed a reverse 3-kill~

Sorry no (P)Stats interview





(T)Flash, "I'm confident in being an ace player during Winners League"
"I'll focus on my health so I can show a better side of myself"

[image loading]


- How do you feel about winning the opening match for Winners League against your rival team, SK Telecom?
▲ I’m extremely happy. I feel like I’ve shown satisfactory gameplay in front of my fans so I feel I’ll be able to continue to ride this momentum forward.

- You showed a great reverse 3-kill today.
▲ I think I did a lot of 3-kills last year too. I feel like I've more used to 3-kills than all-kills. Along with 3-kills, I think I’ve grown used to being the ace of the team that plays last when the team is in trouble. Knowing that the team was able to win with my help makes me happy, and it makes me feel like I'm doing my part for the team. Though I did lose in a lot of ace-matches last season, because I’m confident in playing strongly in winners league, I feel I’ll be able to repay my teammates for my past ace losses.

- You had a really close game with (T)Fantasy.
▲ Though my hands weren’t completely warmed up, it's true that (T)Fantasy hyung also played very well. During the middle of the game, my hands finally loosened up and I thought to myself I would be able to come back, and because it was a situation where there was no one else that could play for my team, I think I exerted even more effort.

Your drops on 12o'clock were successful.
I kept looking for a weak spot and through scans I was able to determine where (T)Fantasy's dropships were. I knew that even if I dropped at 11, because it was far he wouldn't be able to defend properly so I decided to do a big drop. After that I thought to myself I would be able to win if I just held my ground, but he came in with unsieged tanks. I thought it would be difficult to defend but it was easier than I expected so I was able to win the game.

- How was your game with (T)Ssak?
▲ Though I did have a loss against him in MSL, I already erased that memory. I thought that if I just played as usual, I would be able to win. In this particular game, I reached a point where I wouldn't be able to lose, but it was just extremely frustrating because in a situation where I was waiting for (T)Ssak to attack, he was holding his ground. So I decided to be aggressive and in that moment things became a bit dangerous with (T)Ssak dropping at 7o'clock and destroying a lot of starports, but it’s a relief I was able to win in the end.

- You had an ace match with (P)Bisu.
▲ I predicted he would come and practiced as such. Though I was confident, with his gas-steal at the beginning of the game the start was a bit disadvantageous. Because I was able to come back from a difficult game, I was extremely happy.

- Last season, you had 20 wins during Winners League. What's your goal for this season?
▲ Last season, it wasn't 20 wins but 23 wins. I don't want to ignore the 3 wins I had during the finals match. Last time, including the finals I had 23 wins. That number is very special to me, so if I am able to do well, including the 3rd and 4th round I want to be able to double that number to 46 wins.

Other teams might play on the fact that you always come out as ace player
I don't always play ace player. The coaching staff are great at planning out strategies so they may mix up the entries so I play during the middle instead. Though my teammates didn’t play their greatest today, as I watched their games, it was painfully clear that the amount of skills they display during practice did not come forth during the actual matches. If we just work on that weakness, I know we can become stronger. Seriously, during practice these hyungs play amazingly.

- Last words you want to say?
▲ To start off, I want to say happy new years to everyone. Recently I went to the hospital because my arm was in pain and they told me that if I want to get better, I need to stop playing. When I told them that I'm a progamer and I need to keep playing, they said I need to stretch my arm well so lately I’ve been focusing on treating my arm. Luckily my uncle works in the medical profession and was able to bring a physical therapy device directly to our team house. I want to use this spot to say how thankful I am. Lastly, after dropping out of both leagues I was so sorry to my fans and even felt a slump coming but while I was resting, I did a lot of reflecting and worked on my flaws, so I believe during winners league I’ll be able to show a much better side of myself.

- Does your arm pain have anything to do with your dropping out of both leagues?
▲ No, that’s not true. Though it had been hurting for a while, right now it’s almost a relief I only have proleague to practice for. I’ll work on taking care of my health so I can show a better side of myself.

source: fomos and desports




That's my boy
Everyone go watch Flash vs. Fantasy if you haven't~

There seems to be no stats interview.. sorry

Please let me know if anything needs to be fixed~
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
nozaro33
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Taiwan1819 Posts
January 08 2011 09:14 GMT
#2
Thanks for the fast translation!!! Flash take care of yourself!!!
and no Stats? sad panda
#1 Flash / #2 NaDa / #3 Stats fan / KT fan for life
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8139 Posts
January 08 2011 09:14 GMT
#3
Gogo Flash! Keep your head up kid, you can do it!
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
January 08 2011 09:17 GMT
#4
Holy shit that was fast!
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
January 08 2011 09:17 GMT
#5
I NEED MY KIM DAE YEOB INTERVIEW !((

Thanks for baller flash interview though.
I really like that he encourages them alot, though idk if it works, the practice -> real match performance routine has allways been a killer for alot of progamers (magma was supposed to be as good as JD in practice iirc)
In the woods, there lurks..
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
January 08 2011 09:17 GMT
#6
Thanks for the interview <3
Also, no Stats?
P.S. Nerf Flash please, qq skt fanboys
fallingdream
Profile Joined December 2004
Romania452 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 09:19:37
January 08 2011 09:18 GMT
#7
Reading this interview made me truly understand why Flash is and always be the best player. Players like him need to fall in order to rise above everyone else.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 08 2011 09:18 GMT
#8
thank you smix for the interview
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 08 2011 09:20 GMT
#9
Thanks, that was fast.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Noxide
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2870 Posts
January 08 2011 09:21 GMT
#10
Nice to see Flash doing what he does best. Hope he stays healthy.
Flash ひなの戦争の王である || しかし、実際にはヤフーの ファンタジーサッカー、楽しいプレー私の週末を占めている
BeaTeR
Profile Joined March 2003
Kazakhstan4130 Posts
January 08 2011 09:23 GMT
#11
thanks a lot Smix!
that was super fast, too bad there is no Stats' interview...

oh and i hope flash's health is ok
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 08 2011 09:25 GMT
#12
Will smix be doing stats interview also ? thanks again ...
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
January 08 2011 09:30 GMT
#13
Flash's arm, that doesn't sound good. I'm sure he will be fine though, after all he is still younger than most players.

Thanks for the translation Smix.
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
January 08 2011 09:30 GMT
#14
thanks for the translations smix!
Translator
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 08 2011 09:34 GMT
#15
thanks so much smix for the interview! sorry to hear flash's arm has been hurt... get well soon flash!
Writer
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
January 08 2011 09:36 GMT
#16
Flash - the golden boy. Great games today. Thanks for the translation!
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
January 08 2011 09:42 GMT
#17
Oh man, "not 20 but 23 games", seams cockey to me
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
darktreb
Profile Joined May 2007
United States3019 Posts
January 08 2011 09:44 GMT
#18
On January 08 2011 18:42 Scaramanga wrote:
Oh man, "not 20 but 23 games", seams cockey to me


It's pretty excessive, seeing as how he won 23 games last year in a total of 12 matches (counting the finals), and this year there are only 9.
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6539 Posts
January 08 2011 09:44 GMT
#19
On January 08 2011 18:12 Smix wrote:
if I am able to do well, including the 3rd and 4th round I want to be able to double that number to 46 wins.

Oh my god.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
lastreason
Profile Joined May 2010
Romania250 Posts
January 08 2011 09:48 GMT
#20
flash with a broken arm , almost made it out of the groups , gogo u master player
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft254
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft658
PiGStarcraft254
RuFF_SC2 193
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 225
Stork 187
Leta 128
Hyuk 79
PianO 74
Bale 19
Icarus 9
yabsab 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
JimRising 684
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox705
C9.Mang0275
Westballz42
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor617
Other Games
summit1g7957
Coldzera 820
Sick125
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS39
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick772
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream114
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2142
League of Legends
• Lourlo1117
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 9m
Online Event
6h 9m
FEL
11h 9m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.