• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:52
CEST 20:52
KST 03:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8092 users

[Interview] STX vs. Hite Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
June 06 2010 07:38 GMT
#1
Calm!

[image loading]

Thoughts on ending your losing streak?
-I lost both the last game of R4 and the first game of R5, and the team lost too. So to be able to win now is great.

Reason for recent slump?
-Recently, no matter win or lose, we would always play the ace game, and this would happen if either Kal or I lost. I guess we need to prepare well for the ace games to win.

Did your elimination from the MSL affect your performance in SPL?
-After losing to Jaedong, I lost a lot of games strangely. I always felt like the opponent prepared better than me. I want to use today as a new starting point, and enter the winning track again.

You did a 9-pool. Reason for this strategy?
-After losing to Jaedong, I realized I don’t know how to play ZvZ anymore. So I thought “I’ll do an offensive tactic,” so I did a 9-pool.

Recently, a lot of 9-pooling players would win in ZvZ.
-Builds seem to go in and out of style. Recently 9 pool seems to be doing well.

The next opponent is MBC, who’s fighting with you in rank.
-Against MBC, even if we lost, we’d still be in second. But in order to fight for first, we still need to win this game. We have confidence in winning.

Hero!

[image loading]

You’re on a good momentum of 5 straight wins.
-I’m very happy. I’ll continue working hard to achieve victory.

Secret to this good streak?
-During my losing streak, I was able to discover my problems. In order to overcome those flaws, I put in a lot of effort, and it seems like it’s paying off now. But I can’t be satisfied now, and I need to work harder.

Did you expect a Terran?
-I didn’t expect a Terran, I expected a Protoss. But I practiced some ZvT really late last night, so it helped a lot.

Your Mutalisks didn’t get too much in the beginning. Were you unsettled?
-I thought, my opponent did a 4-rax, winning is still difficult. But in practice, in these situations, I would always do pretty well. If I can use Mutalisks to stall the attack, I have a shot, so I didn’t think I was in too bad of a position.

STX had an opening loss in R5, why do you think that was?
-I don’t know why. But we were able to win like this today, and I hope this can continue.

How’s the atmosphere in the team recently?
-The atmosphere continues to be good. In order to catch up to KT, we’re working our hardest.

There aren’t many games left, are you confident in getting first?
-Just by our own efforts, it’d still be difficult. If KT loses a few games, and we win a lot, it’s still possible. But KT is a very good team, losing would be hard.

Last words?
-Thanks to everyone who helped me practice.

Kal!

[image loading]

You had a 3 loss streak.
-Ending the SPL 3 loss streak makes me happy. Today was a very exciting day. Before this, I went 0-2. If I lost again it’d be 4 losses. I was very worried, but luckily I won.

Last time you went 0-2.
-At a time when every game is very important, I didn’t think I’d actually go 0-2. After losing, I was criticizing myself. I told myself not to underestimate my opponent, and focus, and I was finally able to get a good result.

Were you burdened by the possibility of a 0-2 by playing in the ace?
-Of course I was worried. But I’m experienced, so I wouldn’t be too nervous or too scared. After my first scout, I thought, god didn’t forsake me. Even though I lost game 1, from the overall result, it seems like today was a good day.

In the ace game, you did two proxy Gates and got a good result.
-It was a spontaneous decision. When I saw the Nexus, I was considering how to respond, so I decided to do a proxy. If I let it go on, it woulda been bad, I might as well do a clean decision. It seemed to have worked well.

KT is pulling ahead again, are you confident in catching up?
-We haven’t given up. We’ll continue working hard, and there should be a good result. Even though there’s a different in the win counts, there are still games left. We’ll do our best. From now on I’ll pray for KT to lose some more [laugh]

The next opponent is your competitor in the rankings, MBC.
-From now on, we definitely can’t lose again. We’ll win all the remaining games, and advance as rank 1. [T/N: Yesssssss <3333]

Last words?
-Thanks to my teammates who helped me practice. Last interview, I told fans to be careful of the summer heat, but then I got a cold. I don’t know if the fans got sick too, I hope everyone takes care.
TranslatorBaa!
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
June 06 2010 07:41 GMT
#2
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah so fast thank you!!

stx scum, I felt bad for poor ole' horang2 ...and the denial of a britney interview.
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
June 06 2010 07:48 GMT
#3
rofl they basically asked kal the same question 3 times in a row lol

<3 sheep
Free Palestine
Katsuge
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore7730 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-06 07:51:52
June 06 2010 07:51 GMT
#4
proxy toss ass.


cmon buck up hite!
김태연 | 정은지 | 아이유 |  한효주 | 이민정 <3 -|||- 소녀시대 에이핑크 사랑해!
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-06 08:01:04
June 06 2010 08:00 GMT
#5
Yessssss STX is still balla

On June 06 2010 16:41 Megalisk wrote:
stx scum, I felt bad for poor ole' horang2 ...and the denial of a britney interview.


hatas gonna hate
although a britney interview would've been pretty sweet
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
June 06 2010 08:07 GMT
#6
On June 06 2010 16:48 Ideas wrote:
rofl they basically asked kal the same question 3 times in a row lol

<3 sheep

FAIL
+ Show Spoiler +
yeah lol, but still a good read from Kal
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
June 06 2010 08:34 GMT
#7
On June 06 2010 16:48 Ideas wrote:
rofl they basically asked kal the same question 3 times in a row lol

<3 sheep

yeah >_>

also lol at Calm realizing he doesn't know how to ZvZ
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
nayumi
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia6499 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-06 11:09:31
June 06 2010 11:09 GMT
#8
-After losing to Jaedong, I realized I don’t know how to play ZvZ anymore.

lol other zergs share your pain Calm.
Sugoi monogatari onii-chan!
TacToSs
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia330 Posts
June 06 2010 13:30 GMT
#9
cheers for translations and thank god Kal didn't go on a 0-4 losing streak. I'm really starting to like hero appearing more and winning lol and poor calm <3
Jaedong <3
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
June 06 2010 15:09 GMT
#10
On June 06 2010 16:38 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Did your elimination from the MSL affect your performance in SPL?
-After losing to Jaedong, I lost a lot of games strangely. I always felt like the opponent prepared better than me. I want to use today as a new starting point, and enter the winning track again.

You did a 9-pool. Reason for this strategy?
-After losing to Jaedong, I realized I don’t know how to play ZvZ anymore. So I thought “I’ll do an offensive tactic,” so I did a 9-pool.


lol wth i feel kinda bad for calm
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
Corrupt
Profile Joined August 2009
Bulgaria1312 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-06 15:18:45
June 06 2010 15:17 GMT
#11
Yay! Kal with the smiles again! =D

On June 06 2010 20:09 nayumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
-After losing to Jaedong, I realized I don’t know how to play ZvZ anymore.

lol other zergs share your pain Calm.

It's what I realize too, when I lose to 300+ apm [KR] people on iccup. :\
Just a guy trying to enjoy living in the worst timeline and failing miserably since 1990.
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
June 07 2010 11:43 GMT
#12
In the ace game, you did two proxy Gates and got a good result.
-It was a spontaneous decision. When I saw the Nexus, I was considering how to respond, so I decided to do a proxy. If I let it go on, it woulda been bad, I might as well do a clean decision. It seemed to have worked well.


Proxy gates are a valid response to a fast nexus, not a cheese at all.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
June 07 2010 13:05 GMT
#13
KT is pulling ahead again, are you confident in catching up?
-We haven’t given up. We’ll continue working hard, and there should be a good result. Even though there’s a different in the win counts, there are still games left. We’ll do our best. From now on I’ll pray for KT to lose some more [laugh]


STX FIGHTING!

+ Show Spoiler +
Also: damn you smugtoss, this was all your fault!
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 07 2010 18:54 GMT
#14
What I totally thought I had commented on this.
Turns out I was mistaken!

Here is my obligatory "CSheep is cute :3" statement.
Also lol Calm.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
June 08 2010 22:48 GMT
#15
oh? hero's alive? interesting
;D
cw)minsean(ru
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM1066
TKL 302
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1066
ByuN 363
mouzHeroMarine 305
TKL 302
IndyStarCraft 185
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16102
Calm 2525
Horang2 424
Mini 148
Dewaltoss 147
Rush 94
EffOrt 63
Zeus 47
Trap 26
ToSsGirL 18
[ Show more ]
Bale 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
febbydoto15
LuMiX0
League of Legends
KnowMe53
Counter-Strike
fl0m5210
pashabiceps1647
Fnx 1029
edward30
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King67
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2782
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
singsing1766
Liquid`RaSZi1701
Beastyqt818
B2W.Neo440
C9.Mang0304
crisheroes215
dupreeh168
QueenE97
Trikslyr94
UpATreeSC60
JuggernautJason21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• EnkiAlexander 33
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 21
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade689
Other Games
• imaqtpie856
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 8m
INu's Battles
16h 8m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
18h 8m
OSC
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 4h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.