• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:06
CEST 14:06
KST 21:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7891 users

[Interview]Nal_ra talks to fomos about his return

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
wfoperational
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States143 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-07 07:09:23
March 07 2010 07:06 GMT
#1
EXTRA: Nal_rA talks about his intention to return!
[image loading]


This is the interview with fomos right after his announcement about returning to OSL prelim

Commentator Nal_rA announced his intention to return to being a progamer after the SWL match between SKT and Airforce ACE. After the match, he said, "Even though I'm a commentator now, I still have my progaming license." He also said, "Although it's kinda embarrassing for me to talking about my personal decisions here, I still have to say that I want to return to being a progamer." He then announced that he will participate in the next OSL preliminary.


Q: We heard you have announced your return to OSL, and we're curious about the background information
A: Even though I am a commentator now, I am still longing for the life of a progamer. Before becoming a progamer, I had three goals: to become a champion, to become a commentator, and to become to coach. Now I have achieved two of the goals. But even as I am doing my commentaries, I often wondered if I could advance through the preliminary matches if I join now. Because I have left the scene for too long, I wanted to check to see how well I can do. Even though everyone thinks that I would get eliminated, I still want to participate in order to learn more things.


Q: Would you keep going even after one elimination?
A: I don't have a concrete plan yet. Time is an issue too, so I'm not sure yet.


Q: What about MST?
A: I won't be participating in the MST. Because I have to commentate and practice at the same time, it is better to concentrate on only one league.


Q: Is it the lackluster performance from older players that provoked you to make this announcement?
A: It has nothing to do with them, this is my personal decision, my personal challenge. Although I would still like to get good results in order to influence the veterans.


Q: You won against NaDa in the Revenge Match
A: I was lucky during that match. But even if I had lost that day, I would still participate in the OSL. It has nothing to do with that match, but rather an ongoing plan.


Q: Is Starcraft 2 a turning point for you?
A: I participated in some activities before the Beta testing began, although I'm not in the situation where I can say anything concrete about it. I think Starcraft 2 will follow the general trend of Starcraft 1's development, so right now I would like to play around a bit, and prepare for more serious challenges. Right now, the younger players are doing very well, so if I don't want to repeat what happened in Starcraft 1, I will have to be more focused during preparation.


Q: If you advance past the preliminary matches, how do you think you will do in the OSL?
A: To be honest, I have not thought about it yet. Right now, it's all curiosity, as well as a little bit of confident that is driving my attempt. How will I do with my current statues, I do not know. I just believed that "I can do this", that's how I got my determination. Even though I was in a slump for a while, and doing something else for now, I still don't want to give up on the challenge. I have not played for a long time now, so of course my strength is not what it used to be. That really bothered me. But nevertheless, I have made the announcement, so I must face the challenge.


Q: What about your practice scheme?
A: This is my biggest headache at the moment. If I have some practice partners, I would surely start concentrating on practicing for the prelim. But to actually do it is another issue. I think I'll start on private server (might meant Iccup, not sure), then formally request practice partners from KT, among other teams, for me to practice against. If I have no practice partners, then it's pointless to participate in the starleague.


Q: Fans' opinions are divided at this moment
A: Even though many fans agree with me, there are still many that don't seem to like my decision. They especially do not like the fact that I will still be commentating. But after some thoughts, I still decided to participate. I have to give it my best shot in order to repay the fans who are always standing by me. That's that, so I hope more people would support me, give me strength.

source: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=104607&db=issue&cate=&page=1&field=&kwrd
http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_46221.html
http://www.playsc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=188852&extra=page=1

p.s: O bugger... can any mod capitalise that A in the title for me?....
╮(╯▽╰)╭ wfbrood.com website admin 日本著名中锋赤木刚宪曾表示,控制篮板球的人,就控制了全场
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
March 07 2010 07:09 GMT
#2
weird, couldn't find it on fomos haha.

thanks for translation.
POGGERS
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 07 2010 07:10 GMT
#3
sweet thanks

(P)Nal_rA <3
:)
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
March 07 2010 07:18 GMT
#4
Thanks for the translation!

I really hope he does well.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
buickskylark
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada664 Posts
March 07 2010 07:24 GMT
#5
seems like he's not 100% into it.
Squallcloud
Profile Joined February 2008
France466 Posts
March 07 2010 07:48 GMT
#6
I want to believe but i fear the humiliating defeat.
Firebathero fanboy - It's not that i'm dumb i'm just controlled by a retarded infestor - Day[9]
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
March 07 2010 08:07 GMT
#7
He is willing to play. That is good enough for me

Do well or not doesn't matter, just try your best. Fan will support you Nal_Ra!
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
March 07 2010 08:54 GMT
#8
Nice translation... I like Nal_ra's attitude but really I don't know what he's hoping for
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
March 07 2010 08:59 GMT
#9
On March 07 2010 16:48 Squallcloud wrote:
I want to believe but i fear the humiliating defeat.


I feel the same. I'm not really sure why he's doing this, one last hurrah in SC:BW I guess?
KTY
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
March 07 2010 09:18 GMT
#10
why not participate MST also?
just practice prelim OSL and totally wing it on MST.
Goragoth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
New Zealand1065 Posts
March 07 2010 09:23 GMT
#11
Would be awesome if he could make it past the prelims. Realistically I doubt it but it's possible. (P)Nal_rA is one of my favourite old pros.
Creator of LoLTool.
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
March 07 2010 09:29 GMT
#12
:O Neat. Woo Nal_rA! I'm glad for him. Sticking up for his own convictions.

Cheers and best of luck to you Nal_rA! <3
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
March 07 2010 17:30 GMT
#13
Might be fun if he actually makes into the OSL. I'll be rooting for him.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-07 17:36:28
March 07 2010 17:36 GMT
#14
with so much hype, it'd suck to be eliminated in the prelims =P

gogo nal_ra!
boomer hands
Thegilaboy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2018 Posts
March 07 2010 17:38 GMT
#15
Would love to see the Dreamer Toss make it past prelims. Just a chance to see him play again is exciting though!
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
March 07 2010 17:41 GMT
#16
If he gets a PvT, they better make Flash practice with him. )=<
darkness overpowering
Khalleb
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1909 Posts
March 07 2010 17:43 GMT
#17
On March 07 2010 18:18 anch wrote:
why not participate MST also?
just practice prelim OSL and totally wing it on MST.


plz read the interview
Liquid'Nony: "I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok."
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
March 07 2010 17:48 GMT
#18
i seriously doubt he's going to bring any positive results lol, i think its more of a publicity stunt
savior did nothing wrong
cncbmb
Profile Joined August 2009
238 Posts
March 07 2010 17:59 GMT
#19
On March 08 2010 02:43 KhAlleB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2010 18:18 anch wrote:
why not participate MST also?
just practice prelim OSL and totally wing it on MST.


plz read the interview


He's saying don't practice for the MSL (and thus not take away from the OSL) but go anyway. KhAlleB's is hoping that will increase his chances of getting in at least one league without detracting from the OSL.

I still think doing the MST will take some time from the OSL preparation just because of the mental stress and humiliation of losing to some 16 - 20 year random zerg or whatever in the MST. But honestly, if Nalra goes to the MST and doesn't practice, a depressing failure is likely to result.

So basically I think Nalra is doing the right thing and I'm just happy to hear from him no matter what happens.
Too_MuchZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Finland2818 Posts
March 07 2010 18:16 GMT
#20
Um he is OGN commentator of course he won't participate MSL qualifiers because this is more like publicity stunt
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings140
CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko351
ProTech119
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4257
Jaedong 2005
actioN 1024
EffOrt 785
Soma 619
Horang2 586
Killer 507
BeSt 453
Stork 228
Pusan 184
[ Show more ]
Mini 177
Zeus 137
Rush 121
Barracks 96
Light 91
JYJ 90
Snow 85
Larva 68
ggaemo 61
Sea.KH 52
Mong 49
HiyA 47
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 35
hero 28
Sharp 24
Shinee 24
sorry 17
zelot 17
Sexy 16
Noble 15
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5629
Dendi626
XaKoH 375
League of Legends
Reynor82
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_40
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3068
Other Games
gofns70457
singsing1551
olofmeister1288
byalli518
B2W.Neo215
Livibee204
OGKoka 102
ArmadaUGS58
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV378
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream296
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV188
League of Legends
• Jankos1791
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 54m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.