• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:03
CEST 00:03
KST 07:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7184 users

[Interview] 2009 EVER OSL Finals Interviews!

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-17 13:42:12
January 17 2010 13:08 GMT
#1
Winner of the EVER 2009 OSL Finals is . . .


.


.


.


[image loading]

Flash!





Flash, "I will become a player who continues to improve"

[image loading]


Q First, your feelings on winning?
A It feels like it’s been such a long time since the last time I won. The period of time between my first and second title was too long. I won’t be satisfied with today’s victory and I’ll make sure to win the MSL as well so that I can attain both individual league titles.

Q Once you won, you began to cry.
A Q I guess it’s because I dropped out of the individual league many times but I began to think of those hard memories. The difficult times I went through also came to mind… I comforted myself telling myself I had done a good job and that’s when I began to cry.

Q If you were to evaluate your opponent, (P)Movie.
A In games 1 and 2, I think he was very nervous. I felt he portrayed his true abilities in game 3. I was a bit taken aback and felt nervous after that. However, in the 4th set, I was fortunate with scouting and was able to win relatively easily after that.

Q You dealt with (P)Movie’s strategy very well.
A I had no experience with the strategy he used. I could feel that he had prepared a lot. In the first set, I fell for his strategy and was forced to split half the map with him. Luckily, I picked up on what he was doing relatively early on and was able to win because of that.

Q You weren’t put in the proleague roster so that you could prepare for the finals.
A This is the first time I wasn’t put on the roster. Even though we’re currently on a losing streak, the coaching staff was so considerate and gave me a break. They made it possible for me to focus on my individual leagues. I want to tell them how thankful I am. After the MSL finals, I’ll have to repay them by getting a lot of all-kills in the third round of proleague.

Q You must have felt some frustration from not being able to practice for your individual leagues as much because of the proleague matches in the past.
A It’d be a lie to say I never felt frustrated. I even became depressed because of it. Back then I used to go to sleep around 6 a.m.. The doctors said my state of depression was unheard of for someone my age. I guess I was losing faith in myself. Though it lasted for a while, afterward, I changed and began to think more positively. Though when I think of that period it’s depressing, I’ve earned the OSL title again, and I plan on just thinking into my future. My teammates and the coaching staff really took great care of me. My family also called often so that was of great help as well.

Q You’ve earned 2 OSL titles. What’s your ultimate goal?
A I haven’t set a goal yet. Instead of setting a huge goal, I prefer to think of games on an individual, day by day basis, putting all my effort into them. In the future, I want to continue to develop as a player. I want to become a progamer who continues to develop and improve.

Q People are looking forward to your rival match with (Z)Jaedong.
A I want to show a lot. This is a match with Jaedong hyung who is considered my rival. I always wanted to meet Jaedong hyung in the highest of places and now, that opportunity has arrived. I’m happy that I’ll be meeting him in great condition after my OSL victory. Jaedong hyung is, with no surprise, ranked number 1 and I know he’s in great condition as well. I’m very pleased that we’re able to meet each other in the highest of places in a finals match. Rather than just simply winning, I’m hoping for an incredible match with great games which can be appreciated by fans.

Q We hear your goal is to get the “Best Player Award”.
A First things first – I want to lead our team to win the proleague. Along with my individual league victory, if I also show good results in the next round, I believe it’s definitely possible to get the award. I feel that a good opportunity has arrived so I won’t let it go and I'll use it as an opportunity to grow even more as a player.

Q Was there a specific strategy you prepared.
A There was no one, specific strategy. I came with the mindset of playing freestyle. Once I saw my opponent’s build, I planned on adjusting to that with proper timing. There’s no build that I had prepared but never got to use. I just went with my instincts from moment to moment.

Q The fans filled up the entire stadium. Some fans even had to leave early because they couldn’t get seats.
A I heard that over 2000 people had to leave early because they couldn’t get seats. I want to say how thankful I am for their support. Even through losing, it’s because of you fans that I was able to gain strength again. Because I kept dropping out you guys must have been disappointed, but I’m glad I was finally able to repay your support with this victory. I hope you guys will continue to cheer for me in the future. Please watch over me until the end.

Q Is there someone you especially want to repay?
A There are so many people that it’s hard to pick just one person. I said I would buy dinner whether I win or lose so I’ll make sure to set that up soon.

Q Did Coach LeeJiHoon have advice for you?
A After I gave up the 3rd set, Coach restored a lot of strength in me. Despite the fact that I lost, he comforted me saying I did well. He encouraged me saying all I had to do was win one of the two remaining sets. The coaching staff helped me with my mentality a lot.

Q Last words you want to say?
A I want to say thank you to my family and relatives who came to cheer for me. I also thank the associates in KT. They always give endless support. The only way I can repay all of this is through my results. I will work harder to show even greater results in the future. I will also repay my fans by becoming an even greater player. Because I’ve earned my second title, I will work hard to become an even greater player that can also earn a 3rd, 4th, 5th title.




Feedback always welcome!
HUGE THANK YOU TO MRHOON AND WAXANGEL FOR DEALING WITH MY ENDLESS QUESTIONS AND HELPING ME TRANSLATE!

Source: Flash interview

Congratulations to Flash <3 Definitely deserved it. I'm glad he's over his past now <3
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
January 17 2010 13:13 GMT
#2
Thannnks !
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
January 17 2010 13:16 GMT
#3
Super thanks!
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
January 17 2010 13:18 GMT
#4
I heard that over 2000 people had to leave early because they couldn’t get seats


Fuck seems like I have to get seats early for JD vs Flash

great interview smix! Thanks for translation!
dats racist
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-17 13:19:03
January 17 2010 13:18 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translation Smix!

Good job Flash. Hope you get drafted and get to play with Airforce ACE so you can get a break from the KT stress . . . Just play it for funs like Yellow and Reach.

Looking forward to the Movie interview!!
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
kyzers0ze
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Singapore1073 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-17 13:19:37
January 17 2010 13:18 GMT
#6
However, in the 4th set, I was fortunate with scouting and was able to win relatively easily after that.

fortunate with scouting? he scouted the wrong way ffs -_-
8==========))
drug_vict1m
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
844 Posts
January 17 2010 13:19 GMT
#7
very fast.great interview.

thank you very much
One must feel chaos within, to give birth to a dancing star.
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
January 17 2010 13:19 GMT
#8
Smixtastic.

These progamers are treated like cattle.
returns upon momentous occasions.
x11tman
Profile Joined February 2009
Finland50 Posts
January 17 2010 13:20 GMT
#9
Thanks for the translation and congratulations to Flash.
dibban
Profile Joined July 2008
Sweden1279 Posts
January 17 2010 13:20 GMT
#10
Thank you!
이제동 - 이영호 since '07.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
January 17 2010 13:22 GMT
#11
thanks awesome interview
Forever Young
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 17 2010 13:25 GMT
#12
Thanks for translating!

<3 Flash!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
January 17 2010 13:26 GMT
#13
Ahh.. can a mod add 2009 into the title?
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
yarkO
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada810 Posts
January 17 2010 13:27 GMT
#14
Thanks man, been waiting up for this. Great job.
When you are prepared, there's no such thing as pressure.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
January 17 2010 13:32 GMT
#15
Thanks for interview, start reading now
Terran
opsayo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
591 Posts
January 17 2010 13:32 GMT
#16
On January 17 2010 22:18 kyzers0ze wrote:
Show nested quote +
However, in the 4th set, I was fortunate with scouting and was able to win relatively easily after that.

fortunate with scouting? he scouted the wrong way ffs -_-

rofl

whereas idra would probably scout the right way and call it bad luck
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
January 17 2010 13:34 GMT
#17
Oh Flash was such a cutie. The audience cried with him.
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
economist_
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Vietnam719 Posts
January 17 2010 13:35 GMT
#18
Thanks for the translation
Economics forecast assumes everything, except responsibilities
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
January 17 2010 13:36 GMT
#19
Flash is a humble genius, so loveable. And he actually confirmed that he felt as miserable as he was looking for quite some time. His nickname "Child labor terran" hit the nail on the head. Good that he is better now.

Hopefully both JD and flash will bring their A-game to the finals.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 17 2010 13:38 GMT
#20
On January 17 2010 22:34 lilsusie wrote:
Oh Flash was such a cutie. The audience cried with him.

For real? Aww, I wish I had been there IRL.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 103
JuggernautJason54
ViBE22
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 582
firebathero 78
Zeus 67
910 31
Artosis 2
Dota 2
monkeys_forever444
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Counter-Strike
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS118
PPMD43
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5535
Liquid`Hasu1684
Other Games
summit1g7016
shahzam579
byalli453
C9.Mang0128
UpATreeSC71
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 57m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 57m
Stellar Fest
14h 57m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.