It's been a while since I last wrote a blog so I figured that I'll share one of my recent games with everyone. I haven't played anywhere as much as usual since I stepped down as BW EiC, but I have gotten some interesting back and forth games, and I feel like my skill level has gotten close to what it was before. The game is still as amazing as ever when two players who are closely matched in skill play each other and I highly recommend any readers who want to try BW take the plunge and give it a go. We also just got colors added in the newest patch so there's that to look forward too as well! :D
On that note, late game TvZ is still as hard, fun and rewarding as I remember. You essentially have to:
1) Keep macro going at all times to avoid missing production cycles and keep income going.
2) Keep tabs on the Zerg at all times for expansion timings, army movement etc...
3) Stay aggressive so that the Zerg doesn't get out of control, involving lots of scans and irradiation.
4) Micro properly against ultraling with defiler and lurker support. Plague+swarm is a deadly combo.
5) Stay defensive with just enough units at your mining bases because a Zerg army can strike and retreat quickly.
Obligatory: "Defilers are still an imba unit!"
Here are some must-watch moments for those that don't want to watch the whole thing:
a) Not great, not good, pretty bad...
b) I'm listening ~
c) First One
e) The Snipe
f) Here's Another
g) Maximum Power?
h) Spidey Sense!
j) Plague imba
k) IMMORTAL vessels!
l) Gonna do this all night?
m) The time is nigh!
n) End in sight?
o) End in sight? x2
a), e), h), and k) are my favourites. I also apparently play better in SD mode than RM with the bigger widescreen, go figure. Let me know what you guys think and let's all bask in the glory that is TvZ